Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Huh.

I wasn't thinking about this, but the last post ended up working as some sort of "in which countries are people looking at my blog?" thing. On my personal website, I have Google Analytics set up, which tells me which general areas people who look at the site come from (unless they live in a one-person city, there's no way to identify them, so this is only moderately creepy - if it's any consolation, most websites have something like this now).

Anyway, after I linked to my site from this blog, I unexpectedly got a huge rise in the number of people according to Analytics. For instance, it's had more than 20 hits the past two days, and 10 hits from Brazil yesterday (on a normal day, the site gets between 1 and 4 visits). I don't mind popularity, and I've heard great things about Brazil, but... what??? Are these real people? Spam bots? Does anyone know?

(And... we're back in the US in only 20 days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment