Friday, May 15, 2009

Goodbye, Amy and Audrey!

My roommates left this morning, heading back to the US. When I originally started looking for apartments in Berlin, I was thinking that I would get my own place for the couple months before Naomi got here. In retrospect, that would have been a terrible idea - I think the homesickness would have eaten me up. Sharing an apartment with a German would have been interesting, and good for working on the language, but I think that starting off here was made much, much nicer by having a fellow American to show me around, and a super-cute baby for constant entertainment. I'm really glad I got to know them. They're both lovely, and I hope our paths cross again someday.

Here they both are at a cafe yesterday:




And here's the apartment living room, with just a couple things that various people will come take over the next few days. So I suddenly have a lot of space to myself... I'm not really the dance party type, but, as they say, when life throws you lemons, sugar, a juicer, an empty lemonade keg, a pre-made lemonade stand, and a note saying "make lemonade!", you should make lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment