Friday, April 24, 2009

This, like, cool art thing

Before I came here, my vision of Berlin was mostly of mostly empty buildings with weird lighting, loud music and bizarre art shows. Tonight, along with a couple of my conversation partners, I went to this mostly empty building, that had weird lighting, loud music, and an art show. There were some paintings and photographs up, and then a performance piece where some guy wearing only a dress made out of paper would yell "Stop me!" in heavily accented English, and then try to put an ink stamp on the wall. People (presumably just other audience members, though it's hard to be sure) would come up and try to hold him back from the wall. The dress slowly tore apart, and so got more and more revealing. It was... interesting. It felt kind of effective, though I have no idea what the effect was supposed to be.

So yeah. Now I'm all hip and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment